Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Student Profile

In what area do I wish to learn more and why?

Through my studies of social media, the concept of crowd-sourcing sparked my interest. It’s a relatively new idea that only a few brave companies have dared to try but those that have tried have succeeded. The study of consumer behavior has always interested me and crowed sourcing is an aspect that is yet to be studied in depth.

Describe your ideal position involving social media and explain why you feel you are qualified for it.

Although I am active and interesting in social media, I prefer to take a different approach to it than others. While members of my class may want to be creating blogs and facebook fan pages, I prefer to research and track what they do. I want to be a part of the social media marketing craze from a solely research perspective. I feel this will gain me better insight into what the present day consumer is looking for in a product specifically and in a brand overall. My ideal position would be researching, studying and watching a specific area of social media marketing and quite possibly publishing a book or an academic paper on the ever-evolving topic.

Here is a sample of my work for your consideration:

“Crowd sourcing is one of the best and easiest ways people in the fashion industry can get a handle on what their consumers really want to wear.”

“In the alcohol biz, it’s safer to shoot for achieving brand loyalty rather than a higher consumption rate.”

“More and more people are not trusting traditional advertising and would rather find their information online from a third party source.”

To view a professional resume, please visit my LinkedIn Account. To view a more personal resume, visit my Twitter account.

LinkedIn

Twitter Post



No comments:

Post a Comment